A major multinational corporation has appointed you as an economic advisor.
1. Compile a report regarding the macroeconomic environment in two countries where the firm operates and explain how it might affect the company\’s economic activity.
A. Choose to focus your analysis on any existing firm with international activity that can be of different types in the two countries.
b. The two countries MUST be chosen from C below as follows: One country from list 1 and one country from list 2.
C. Country List
The report must include:
1. A brief description of the company and the product/market it operates in for both countries.
2. An analysis of the market structure in which the company operates for the two countries.
3. A comparative analysis of all major macroeconomic indicators (see section D below, excluding 5 and 8) for the two countries and their overall impact on firm\’s economic activity.
Section D. Macroeconomic indicators1 to be analysed (the last available 10 years):
1. GDP growth rate
2. GDP per capita at constant prices
3. Inflation rate (CPI)
4. Unemployment rate (ILO measure)
5. Interest rate (Monetary Policy Rate)2
6. General government balances (% of GDP)
7. Balance of Payments (% of GDP)
8. Exchange rates (National Currency/ USD or National Currency/ Euro)3
1 Use the IMF database to collect your data for most of these macroeconomic indicators.
2 Data available from the relevant Central Banks websites
4. An analysis of the monetary and fiscal policy (instruments) for the two countries and their impact on the firm\’s economic activity.
*** You MUST include an analysis of the interest rates (section D above, indicator 5) .
5. An Analysis of the foreign trade policy instruments (international trade agreements) for the two countries and their impact on firm\’s economic activity.
*** You MUST include an analysis of the exchange rates (section D above, indicator 8). Approximately 1850 – 2000 words . References not included in word count
You are required to undertake an individual written paper related to a particular organisation of your choice. This organisation should be one you are familiar with. The overall aim is to evaluate ways in which changes within the global economy might impact upon marketing strategies and activities.
**** You will be assessed on your ability to critically evaluate the company\’s strategies for sustainable competitive advantage, segmentation (including targeting and positioning) and branding within a potential future economic scenario.
a. Using the same future economic scenario, critically evaluate its potential impact on the company\’s customer behaviour and how it might change.
b. Identify and critically assess opportunities for growth within the organisation\’s MACRO environments.
c. Make clear links to the marketing theory that underpins your work.
d. Write a logical, well – presented and accurately referenced piece of work.
**** KEEP YOUR WORK RELEVANT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER.
1. Brief summary statement of economic factors your chosen company will operate in . (approximately 200 words)
2. Potential impact on marketing strategies under the following headings:
a. Competitive advantage
b. Segmentation, targeting and positioning
c. Branding . (approximately 1200 words)
3. Potential impact on customer behavior and how it might change (approximately 300 words)
4. Identify 2 specific growth opportunities in the company\’s macro environments and set out what the company should do to take advantage of these (approximately 400 words).
**** BIBLIOGRAPHY NOT INCLUDED IN THE WORD COUNT.
NOTE: This is a marketing project and NOT an economics project. Higher marks will be awarded for evidence of wider academic reading.
1. Brief description of the company and analysis of the market structure in which the company operates for the two countries – 20% weight
2. Data collection, comparative analysis of major macroeconomic indicators and impact on firm\’s economic activity – 25% weight
3. Analysis of the monetary, fiscal and foreign trade policy for the two countries and their impact on the firm\’s economic activity – 40% weight
4. Report Structure, presentation and references – 15% weight
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order