SWK 511: Reference: Chapter 10: Assessing Family Functioning in Diverse Family & Cultural Contexts. Chapter 13: Planning & Implementing Change Oriented Strategies–Hepworth, D.H., Rooney, R.H., Rooney, G., Strom-Gottfried, K. (2016). Direct Social work practice: Theory and skills (10th ed.). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
Answer these questions and reference Chapter 10 & 13, INCLUDE PAGE NUBERS.
Chapter 10 discusses the importance in defining family.
1. How do you define family?
2. How is the definition of family important to understand in professional practice?
3. What factors do we need to keep in mind when assessing families?
4. How about their functioning?
5. How might we apply a systems framework in assessing families?
6. How do family rules and communication patterns impact family assessment?
7. How do cultural factors impact our work with families?
1. What is your understanding of the change oriented approach?
2. What questions do we need to ask ourselves to evaluate the approach?
3. Which model of practice do you prefer out of the ones mentioned in the chapter?
4. What are important things to remember in the crisis intervention model?
5. Briefly discuss your understanding of the theoretical practice techniques in the chapter.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order