SWK 522-Reference: Chapter 7: The Group Begins– Toseland, R. W. & Rivas, R. F. (2017) An introduction to group work practice. (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson
Answer these questions and reference Chapter 7, INCLUDE PAGE NUMBERS.
1. Discuss what types of treatment groups you think you would find easiest and most difficult to lead.
2. Point out commonalities and how to overcome difficulties.
3. What interpersonal skills do you possess that make it easier and more difficult to lead groups?
4. What is your experience in beginning group meetings?
5. What could have been done to make the group members feel more at ease?
6. Imagine being in a support group (cancer survivor, grief and loss etc.) and then in a therapy group. What do you think your likely feelings and reactions would be?
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order