1. The implications for and impact on HRM practice of differing international economic/business factors, regulations, and social & political influences.
2. The concept of national culture and its implications for international HRM practice.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
This assignment requires you to answer the following question:
Multinational companies need to manage employees from different national and ethnic cultural backgrounds. According to Osland and Bird (2000) this often involves the controversial use of cultural stereotypes by managers seeking to understand and manage the human resources within multinational organisations. Critically evaluate the controversies surrounding cultural stereotypes in multinational corporations. You should include the following in your discussion:
1. A critical evaluation of national culture
2. A critical analysis of cultural stereotypes in multinational corporations
3. Critically discuss the paper by Osland and Bird (2000) and other relevant academic literature
4. Based on your discussion, draw conclusions and suggest recommendations regarding the management of national culture in multinational corporations.
The following journal article will be made available on Moodle for the purposes of this assignment, you are expected to critically analyze this article as part of the essay and show evidence of wider reading beyond this article:GUIDELINES AND BACKGROUND TO THIS ASSIGNMENT
As part of your study you will be involved in carrying out research and using this when writing up your coursework. It is important that you correctly acknowledge someone elses writing, thoughts or ideas and that you do not attempt to pass this off as your own work. Doing so is known as plagiarism. It is not acceptable to copy from another source without acknowledging that it is someone elses writing or thinking. This includes using paraphrasing as well as direct quotations. You are expected to correctly cite and reference the works of others. The Centre for Academic Writing provides documents to help you get this right. If you are unsure,
Currently 3 writers are viewing this order