Refer to the balance sheet and statement of shareholders’ equity of the company you’ve selected to analyze. Research and address the following:
- What was the total stockholders’ equity for the most recent year in the company’s balance sheet?
- What seems to be the main reason for the change in stockholders’ equity from the past year to the most recent year?
- What is the largest component of stockholders’ equity as of the most recent year in the company’s financial statements?
- Does the company have any preferred stock? What is the dividend rate? How many shares are issued and outstanding?
- How many shares of common stock are authorized, issued, and outstanding at the end of the most recent year?
- Refer to the statement of shareholders’ equity. Did the company declare any dividends in the past year? If so how much? What was the dividend per share?
- Has the company repurchased any of its own shares in the last year? Generally speaking, what is the total effect on shareholders’ equity of a repurchase of a company’s shares?
- Calculate the return on stockholders’ equity and the rate of return on common stockholders’ equity for the most recent year. Show proof of your calculations