Using the Library and the Internet, identify a publically held multinational company of your choice. Research its filings to the SEC, particularly the 10-K and 10-Qs. Also, examine its annual report online. You will then prepare an APA research paper including the follow elements:
- What assumptions is the financial reporting model based on?
- What principles support the financial reporting model?
- Who oversees the accounting profession?
- What is the role of Congress in settling the concerns that arise with accounting firms and their clients?
- Describe how the annual report differs from the 10-K. What is contained in the annual report that is not in the 10-K and vice versa.
- How does the 10-K report differ in content from the 10-Q? What is the reason for the difference?
- Describe 2 disclosures in the 10-K that were surprising or interesting to you? Why were they interesting or surprising to you?