Your imagined audience is an intelligent person with no Women’s Studies background. Simply explain the concepts in your own words incorporating your understanding of course content.
Upload as a single Word file to the submission link on Blackboard by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, February 24.
• You study patriarchy? Like “all men are evil”?
• You study gender? You mean like “male” or “female”?
• How can you say that something like disability is socially constructed?
• Why do you cover subjects like race, class, or ability (intersectionality) in Women’s Studies?
• I believe in equal rights and that every person is valuable and all that, but feminism is silly. And extremist! (Respond.)
• You talk about privilege? So basically, you tell people that they’re spoiled? (Or victims?)
• What does sexuality have to do with a Women’s Studies class?