SUGGESTED structure for assessment 2
Title page (INCLUDE the final title of your project here!)
Table of contents
List of Tables (if applicable)
List of Figures (if applicable)
1. Introduction (include: VERY BRIEF introduction to your own profession ( my own profession is management, so please choose my profession as a manager); background and problem definition + justification of relevance; aim and objectives/Research Questions)
2. Literature Review
a. This will have multiple sub-headings
5. Analysis (Findings and Analysis MAY be presented together in one single chapter)
6. Discussion (Compare your analysed findings to the literature you have reviewed earlier)
7. Conclusion (remember to explicitly picking up your aim and objectives/RQs again)
List of References.
IMPORTANT TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
1. TQM METHODS AND MODELS.
2. TAKE ANY 5 BOILER, TURBINE AND ENERGY COMPANIES AND ANALYSE THE DATA IN A QUANTITATIVE METHOD.
3. TAKE THE DATA FROM WEBSTIES, BUREAU OF STATISTICS, STOCK EXCHANGE INFORMATION AND ANNUAL REPORTS.
4. FORM RESEARCH QUESTIONS AND CREATE HYPOTHESIS BASED ON THE RESEARCH QUESTIONS.(NULL HYPOTHESIS AND ALTERNATIVE HYPOTHESIS)
5. PROVE THE HYPOTHESIS BY QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS.
6. INSERT THE GATHERED DATA IN THE APPENDIX.
7. PROPER LITERATURE REVIEW AND PROPER REFERENCING.
8. MOST IMPORTANT COLLECT SECONDARY DATA (RELEVANT TO YOU FOR THIS TASK)
Assessment 2: Project Report (60%)
This is an individual, written assessment, to be completed in report format. You are required to write between 3000-3500(excluding title page, preliminaries, tables, figures, reference list and appendices). The report requires in-text referencing and a full reference list in APA style.
Introduction to your profession (very brief) and to the project report;
Background and definition of the issue/problem, including a justification why the issue/problem is crucially relevant to your profession;
Your projects aim and objectives/research questions;
A more detailed critical and well-structured literature review;
A detailed discussion of how you carried out your project (commensurate with a Methodology chapter);
Findings from your secondary information analysis;
Discussion of findings in light of previously reviewed literature;
Conclusion this may address recommendations for (soon-to-be) professionals, possible areas of further research, and limitations of your project.
Since this assessment is written in report format, it needs to be presented in professional layout, including: title page, executive summary, table of contents, and full reference list (at least 20 high-quality academic, peer-reviewed journal articles, properly referenced). Figures, tables and other appendices are optional and should only be used if required.
As a Masters-level student, you are required to engage in research as per the Australia Quality Framework (AQF) guidelines. Two specific requirements need to be considered. Students need to demonstrate a body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice, and demonstrate \”knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to a field of work and/or learning.
Each unit in the MBA has a number of required weekly readings in terms of academic texts, journals and business publications that represent the appropriate body of knowledge and recent developments referred to by the AQF. In order to demonstrate the ability to engage in appropriate research, students should read and utilise these texts and journals and publications, and as a Masters student, indicate a willingness to research beyond this minimum standard through additional texts, journals and studies that demonstrate an ability to engage in independent research. This is an advanced level course, and accrediting bodies are also looking for evidence of independent research, so the ability to conduct this project without continually relying on your tutors and lecturers is an important part of the learning process for this unit.
Students should insure that they understand the specific research that is required for each assessment piece and recognize that if they meet this minimum requirement, you will receive the minimum grade for demonstrated research.
Your attention is drawn to the Universitys stated position on plagiarism. THE WORK OF OTHERS, WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE ASSIGNMENT MUST BE ATTRIBUTED TO ITS SOURCE. A full list of references must be submitted as part of the assessment.
Your assignment will be marked on the following nine criteria, with the weighting given on the rubric (see above).
Title, background, definitions;
Justification, aim and objectives/research questions
Quality and coherence of introduction and conclusion
Critical literature review
Findings and analysis
Quality and appropriateness of references, and accuracy of referencing
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order