Please see attached Guidelines and Rubric.
It should be 4 Pages Only. No Top page or reference page- I will add this myself. Just and the source of your critique for me to upload when submitting
Please, note that this is a doctoral level Advanced Research class.TOPIC: RESEARCH ARTICLE CRITIQUE
1. Please find any article on repositioning, MUST be 5 years or less and critique it using the guide on the bottom of this message.
2. The Rubric will also be at the bottom for you to review
3. Here with is the PICO I had practiced on and the feedback I got from my professor. She did not like my wording as you can see. Kindly input your expertise. I work in the ICU but turnings are turnings the article does not have to be from an ICU researcher, as long as it can pair well with the PICO and answer the questions on the Rubric
4. Here is the assignment and the Guidelines:
PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF NURSING Summer 2017 Graduate Program
Date of Article Article must be 5 years old or less. 10 points
Title Page APA format 20 points
Purpose of Study 20 points
Description Describe the details of the study/review including the design, methodology, sample size, instruments used, findings,
MY PRACTICE PICO IN CLASS WAS:
Research Question: Does avoiding placing patients on the back position reduce the likelihood of coccyx pressure ulcers than turning patients from side to side and back?
P Very ill septic patients
I Repositioning from left to right only
C – Repositioning from left to with and back position
O Reduced likelihood of coccygeal bed sores
There is a great deal of research on turning and re-positioning. I recommend reviewing some of the studies and then revise your question.
Guidelines for Critique of Published Research
The method of critiquing a published research report that you will be using during Unit 3 to complete the Research Article assignment is to evaluate the study based on the following questions:
1. What is the research question on which the problem for this study is based? (Restate the question according to the level of design.) Is the problem clear and logically stated? Is it appropriately supported by the literature?
2. Research Design: a. Sample: What is the target population? What are the criteria for inclusion? How is the sample selected? What is the sample size? Are these four elements of sample appropriate to this design? Was an appropriate power analysis provided?
b. Methods: What are the variables under study? What methods were used to collect data for the study? Were issues of reliability and validity of measurement adequately addressed? Are the procedures adequately explained? Are the methods the most appropriate ones that could have been selected?
c. Data Analysis: Did the data analysis provide an answer to the research question? Is there sufficient power to support statements made about the relationship(s) between-among independent and dependent variable? Are the analysis techniques appropriate and properly conducted?
d. Internal Validity: Could there be an alternative explanation for the relationships observed (or not observed) among the variables? If so, what might these be?
3. Evidence-informed Practice: How can the findings of this study be applied to nursing practice, nursing education, or nursing administration without further research? Acknowledging that all studies are flawed, and assuming this study is no more flawed than most, how could you see the results in practice? Remember that if we refuse to use the findings because there were flaws in the study, nursing practice will not move forward. Be specific about what can and cannot be implemented from this study.
4. What is the next logical research question that arises from this study? (Remember that all research raised more questions than it answers, and assume that the researcher will do replication studies.)
Research Article Critique Grading Rubric
1. Research question Includes the aspects of the PICO
Article is a research article published in the last 5 years 10
Article is uploaded with the critique
2. Research design: a-d
Population, inclusion, and sampling are accurately presented.
Research type/subtype accurately identified. How the study was carried out is discussed accurately.
2c. Data Analysis
The statistical tests used to determine the significance of the findings regarding a cause and effect relationship between the independent and dependent variables are identified correctly.
2d. Internal validity
Bias related to the study (internal/external validity) are discussed.
3. Evidence-Informed Practice
The impact of how the findings inform clinical practice are described.
4. Next logical research question
A logical research question for future studies is presented.
Grammar/Citations Few typos/errors noted
Just four pages please, add the reference for me to applaud with the submission. I will take care of the cover and reference pages this time.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order