Select a product that is struggling in the market today—for example, dial-up Internet companies, PDAs or sport utility vehicles—and a particular target audience.
Conduct a promotions opportunity analysis to determine what promotional opportunities exist for the chosen company, who the target audience is, and their characteristics. Include the following:
• Communication market analysis that will determine who the primary competitors are, justify selected target markets, identify target customers, and determine how to position the product within the minds of the target market
• Marketing communications for the chosen product with a list of communication objectives is shown in Figure 4.4 of Integrated Advertising, Promotion, and Marketing Communications
• Communications budget by choosing the type of budget, determine a budget number cap, and select a geographic market to receive the messaging and promotions efforts.
Note. Choose one method listed in Figure 4.7 of Integrated Advertising, Promotion, and Marketing Communications.
• Appropriate promotional strategy
• Strategies are supported with the proper tactics
Prepare a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that includes aspects of a promotions opportunity analysis for this project.
• Include required slides
• Follow slide guidelines
• Include notes
• Use text and at least1 electronic reading/UOPX library article reference; websites do not count towards reference requirement