Using the following resources, please answer the questions that follow.
1. What is HB 423 (House Bill 423). Describe how it changed the prescribing privileges in Florida for NPs and PAs. Does it grant different privileges to different nurse practitioners? Please explain.
2. What is required in order to obtain a DEA license? Explain the process.
3. How does this law impact the way that the NP may be able to deliver care?
4. As you read through Florida Statute 893 regarding DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL as well as the Florida DOH website (https://www.floridahealth.gov/licensing-and-regulation/counterfeit-proof-prescription-pad-vendors/faq.html) name 5 items that you found to be most important to the role of prescribing controlled substances.
5. Currently, the NP has the ability to prescribe medications such as benzodiazepines for conditions such as panic disorders and opiates for pain control. There are a hand full of states which has granted prescribing privileges to NPs for marijuana as well. How do you feel about the nurse practitioner having the ability to prescribe medical marijuana?
6. What is the purpose of registering as a Controlled Substance Provider with the Florida Department of Health? Is this necessary for every practitioner?
**The paper does not need to be in an essay format. It could be jus the question then answer, question then answer etc. It does need to have APA citations and references**
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order