Choose a developing country, and discuss its economic growth in the last 2–3 years. Include the following information:
- Identify its growth in output per capita and in population growth.
- Is it an open or closed economy?
- Identify its comparative advantage and whether it is involved in trade.
- Identify the country’s type of economy—how its economy is a market, command, or mixed economy.
- Is the country’s foreign exchange overvalued or undervalued? Has the central bank intervened in the foreign exchange market on behalf of the country’s currency valuation?
- Using the information you gathered, discuss whether you believe the country is on a good course of economic growth and whether the macroeconomic policies are helping achieve this growth.