According to the CDC website, violence is attributed for approximately fifty thousand deaths each year and results in over 2.5 million injuries. Homicide and suicide are the second and third leading causes of death, respectively, among US population aged fifteen to thirty four years.
Hospital emergency departments treat an average of fifty five people for injuries every minute. The worst after effect of the sudden population explosion across the globe is the rise in violence.
- How have violent injuries affected a community? What steps have communities taken to decrease overall violent crimes?
- What steps can the federal or state governments take to help support communities affected from random or consistent violent acts?
- What can parents do in their homes to help educate children about risks and preventative accidents to help keep them safe? What role should parents take to reduce family violence?
- How can health promotion and wellness programs play a significant role to reduce individual or gang violence?
- How can schools and work environments increase safety measures against violent individuals or gangs entering their establishments?