SWK 511-Reference: Chapter 17: Additive Empathy, Interpretation, & Confrontation. Chapter 18: Managing Barriers to Change–Hepworth, D.H., Rooney, R.H., Rooney, G., Strom-Gottfried, K. (2016). Direct Social work practice: Theory and skills (10th ed.). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.
Answer these questions in detail and reference Chapter 17 & 18 include page numbers.
1. Why is client self-awareness important?
2. What is additive empathy?
3. Why might you use it in working with clients?
4. How is confrontation used as a skill in practice?
1. How can relational dynamics be a barrier to change?
2. How can the under and over involvement of the social worker impact the work with clients?
3. Why do social worker\’s need to practice self-care?
4. What are the dangers of compassion fatigue, burnout, or vicarious trauma?
5. What is transference and counter-transference?
6. How can it impact our work with clients?
7. What are some social work skills we can use to re-define problems as opportunities for growth?
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order