Choose one of the following topics and write a research essay:
1) Selecting a \’market of the body trade\’, discuss in a critical manner some key issues which can be linked to Australia. (in your first paragraph you will need to state which \’market\’ you have selected, for example: human trafficking, smuggling, medical industry, tourism industry or others)
2) With reference to Australia, analyse a more recent, controversial and relevant problem linked to transnational organised crime. (You will be required to select a case study to discuss your points)
3) Discuss if and why we have been successful in monitoring and policing illegal drug trade. (You will be required to select a case study to discuss your points)
4) In 2017 the European Union stated that \’firearms are the lifeblood of organised crime in Europe as elsewhere in the world. They facilitate the trade in illegal drugs and trafficking in human beings\’. How and why does this statement apply to Australia?
5) Discuss what state crimes are by selecting one case study and analyse it comprehensively
The essay cannot exceed 2700 words but minimum 2500 words.
Must use Havard referencing style
The research essay will be based on academic readings and articles from quality newspapers (an example is given below), as well as other relevant materials (from governmental documents to movies). However, for this module, the essay must include a reference to at least two articles from quality newspapers, If it is traceable through an URL, please provide it and make sure it works.
Examples of quality newspapers:
New York Times
The Sydney Morning Herald
The Time Magazine
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order