In this assignment, you will draw on your understanding of content from across the entire unit to analyse the learning potential of a play experience.
A play scenario will be made available when Assignment 3 has concluded. Your task is to analyse the learning potential of this play experience with particular reference to topics that have been covered in the lectures and readings for Module 3 (Week9 -12).
Essential resources for this assignment are:
? Your readings for weeks 9 – 12
? Lecture, reading and tutorial notes from Modules 1(week1-4) and 2 (week5-8)
? Your Referencing Guide (e.g., Perrin, 2015) Instructions
1. Choose 2 of the following topics to use as the basis of your analysis
a. Creative thinking c. Social play
b. Literacy development d. Physical activity
NB: your analysis does not need to cover all aspects of your chosen topic. You can choose to analyse elements of the scenario that relate to specific aspects of your chosen topic.
Then, using essay form:
2. Write a short introductory paragraph to introduce the topic of your essay, explaining what you aim to achieve in your essay and the areas that you chosen to use for your analysis (approx. 150 words).
3. Analyse the childrens play scenario in reference to each of your two areas in turn. Ensure that you i) define each of your chosen topics, ii) explain why this area is important to consider when thinking about childrens learning and/or development, and iii) analyse how the childrens play demonstrates and/or supports development and/or learning in this area.
4. Write one or two concluding paragraphs that sum up your analysis and identify 2 different ways (i.e., active practices) which adults could enhance the learning in childrens play. These must include convincing explanations of how these experiences would improve childrens learning or development other than mere provision of materials.
5. Remember to analyse the scenario, do not describe it.
6. Refer to module 3 (week9 -12) as much as you can as it highly relates to the assignment. If appropriate, could use module 1 and 2.
The following unit outcomes apply to the assessment of this assignment:
2. An ability to identify and apply relevant theoretical knowledge about play and inquiry in order to address the assignment requirements.
3. An ability to analyse the features and potentials of young childrens play environments and materials
4. An ability to generate ideas about play/inquiry experiences that will enhance childrens experiences and learning
5. An ability to format and submit assignments appropriately and on time, as per instructions in the Unit Guide.
6. An ability to address assignment requirements using appropriate academic written expression.
7. An ability to identify key arguments in academic readings and use these appropriately to support the views expressed in assignments
8. An ability to use in-text citations and construct a reference list using APA 6th style.
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order