Research a federal governmental organization related to healthcare, such as FEMA, FDA, NIH, CDC, or HHS. It is important to note that some federal agencies are interconnected and work collaboratively; therefore, it might be advantageous to compare and contrast roles and responsibilities of your selected organization.
- Describe the organization’s mission. Relate its stated mission to its activities. Include information to address their roles and responsibilities and provide a clear definition as to the charge of the federal agency.
- Select one of the following public health issues and describe 2 –3 important activities of the organization to address the issue: infant mortality rates, reducing heart disease, infectious diseases, or airborne pathogens.
- Examine resources utilization by the organization, particularly resources relevant the selected public health issue.
- Discuss the organization’s effectiveness in decreasing/improving the selected public health issue.
- Introduce 2–3 strategies or an action plan of public health priorities in the twenty-first century to create a healthier nation.