Please answer 5 questions based on the case study.
Separate the answers in numerical order in the paper
PLEASE CHECK THE UPLOADED JOURNALS. USE 3 MORE JOURNALS TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT
Mrs. Georgia DAngela is 76 years old. She has been married to her husband Marcus for 58 years. Marcus is 80 years old. The DAngelos live in a well-kept, middle class home. The DAngelos have three grown children: two sons and one daughter. All of the children are married and only their daughter lives close to them. The two sons each live more than 3 and a half hours away. The DAngelos are very close to their children and talk with the children every day. Four months ago, Mrs. DAngelo noticed her skin was yellowish in color and upon calling her primary care provider, she was told to go immediately to the emergency room for evaluation. After having a CT scan of the abdomen and laboratory studies, Mrs. DAngelo was told she had pancreatic cancer and that she should immediately have a Whipple Procedure. This news was devastating to the DAngelos and their family and friends. Mrs. DAngelo called a friend who is a nurse and asked who she might go to for a second opinion. A second opinion was obtained and the second opinion reaffirmed the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer however the recommendation was to have chemotherapy prior to the Whipple Procedure. Mrs. DAngelo began the chemotherapy and has suffered severe issues secondary to the chemotherapy and her quality of life is greatly impacted with a huge decrease in her functional status and activities of daily living. As of today, Mrs. DAngelo has not discussed her fear of dying with you as the primary care provider or with her family. She has an excellent attitude about fighting this horrible disease.
1. Discuss the advanced practice nurse role facilitating end-of-life care and advance directives for Mrs. DAngelo.
2. Compare and contrast an advance directive and palliative care and the relevance of advance directives and palliative care to this case study at this time.
3. Describe how you would approach the topic/issue of advance directives with Mrs. DAngelo.
4. Identify 2 ethical principles and 2 legal challenges related to end of life and palliative care for Mrs. DAngelo if these issues are not addressed with her at this time.
5. Describe your area of greatest learning from completing this Assignment.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order