Continue Brand Social Media Comparison for Grocery Industry for Whole Food, Costco, and Walmart.
Current assignment requires that you add 6 additional pages to the previous 3 page version attached for a total of 9 pages. Note total of 9 references in addition to 6 in previous paper for 15 total.
How to Write Your Report
I. There is no single correct way to write this report. It is a combination of your subjective evaluation of the digital media utilization of each of the three brands, AND marketing research information about how these brands have used social media
1) in the past, or
2) the social media programs that are already in progress.
II. Compare the utilization of social media with digital marketing by the brand selected.
1) This includes the most popular social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and other relevant but less frequently used sites, like Pinterest, Snapchat, or Periscope.
2) Your analysis is a combination
a) personal comments and research on their social media program, plus
b) their connection to the brands website,
c) keywords used for search results,
d) video advertising, and
e) evidence of engagements/interaction with mobile apps.
III. IMPORTANT: Do NOT just describe what you see on the social media page, or summarize its content.
1) Focus on content strategy and communication with the assumed target audience.
2) Utilize library or online research about the activities and programs associated with these brands.
3) Any information about how your brand uses social media is desirable.
4) So, check industry reports, business, and tech publications.
IV. There are three questions that you should answer or issues to be discussed in detail:
1) Website design and its appeal for the perceived target audience
2) Selection of social media platforms and evaluation of performance
3) Relationship between brand websites and social media activities
V. Analyze the brand websites from a users perspective. Develop your own set of criteria.
But, here are three suggestions for the content evaluation:
1) visual images (relevance to product category, attractiveness to potential buyers, avoidance of clutter, layout, design),
2) message content (length, language style, persuasiveness, supports images),
3) functionality (easy to navigate, find what you want, provide more information, connect to purchase mechanism, move between pages, go backwards, link to outside sources).
VI. As for social media, take a look at its
1) operating environment (news feed, timeline, number
of friends, groups, calendar),
2) page content (video, text messages, posts) and
3) engagement activities (likes, comments, share). If the social media is driving traffic toward the brand website, then analyze the flow, especially site visits, page views, or other digital metrics.
VII. The most important issue is the relationship between a brand website and its social media activities.
a) While some companies focus on their website as the primary source of information about its products and services, other businesses use social media as a method of active engagement and communication.
b) Which one is best depends on the brand, its marketing objectives, and the people who potential buyers.
c) Take a close look at the relationships that each of your three competitive brands have developed.
d) Are they the same? Or, different? Which brand appears to be connecting with its customers, while attracting new purchasers?
VIII. Finally, what do YOU believe is the best strategy to use with social media and brand websites?
Be sure to use APA format for citations and references.
And, focus on current information for social media applications and programs, especially involving advertising and sales promotion.
Include screen capture shots of social media pages and website as part of the Appendix, as well as any other relevant content.
Summary tables and comparison charts are encouraged, plus timeline graphs, images, or illustrations.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order