ESSAY TOPIC: Describe and analyse the nature and role of humanity based on the history of Prophet Adam as revealed in the Qur\’an and hadith literature. (2500 WORDS)
Strictly NO INTERNET SOURCES and SHIA SOURCES. At least 7 scholarly books need to be used. You can use the attached pdf files. You can also use other tafsir sources such as Tabari, Ibn Kathir ETC.I have included some tafsir sources. Specially use Chapter Bakara (30-37). Use only journal articles and books. Please try to use all attached files.
RUBRIC FOR ESSAY:
1. Answering the Question: Directly addresses the question or issue, and adds new insight to the subject not provided in lectures, readings, or class discussions.
Able to synthesise this knowledge in new ways and relate to material not covered in the course.
There is in depth analysis of concepts and sources.
2. Argument: A clear and concise argument is present which is reinforced in a consistent and articulate manner. The arguments presence is felt throughout the essay in a way that is fitting for each paragraph.
3. Evidence and Critical Thinking: Provides compelling and accurate evidence that convinces reader to accept the argument.
The importance/relevance of all pieces of evidence is clearly stated.
The argument is approached from different angles with evidence.
The author considers the evidence, or alternate interpretations of evidence, that could be used to refute or weaken his/her argument, and thoughtfully responds to it.
All the evidence is discussed collectively to draw conclusions.
4. Sources and Referencing: Author uses at least 7 scholarly books, websites, journal articles, etc.
All evidence is cited using proper APA or Chicago Style 16th edition referencing. Footnotes are used when necessary.
Reference list is according to APA or Chicago Style 16th edition referencing.
5. Organisation: There is a clear introduction, sequenced material and conclusion in the essay.
There is an observable smooth skilfull transition between paragraphs and ideas which produces a well flowing essay.
6. Clarity and Style: All sentences are grammatically correct and clearly written. No words are misused or unnecessarily fancy. Non-English words and concepts are always explained. Non-English words are written in italics. Paper has been spell-checked AND proofread (ideally by you and somebody else), and contains no errors.
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order