Then, prepare a report on the following:
1. Evaluate how accessible diversity-related material is on this Web site. Is there a direct link from the home page? What type of results does entering the term diversity in a search box yield? Or, do you have to explore on your own? Sometimes searching under careers or press releases may produce some diversity-related results. On some Web sites, you will have to explore deeply into Web pages to find material related to diversity. What does this say about the organizations commitment to diversity?
2. Evaluate the usefulness of the diversity information to potential employees, customers, and suppliers. Is the diversity material related to the organizations business case for diversity, core values, mission, etc. the way that the organization does business? How current is the diversity-related material?
3. Evaluate the appropriateness of the photographs and graphic material that relates to diversity. Some Web sites will feature photographs of diverse employees and customers, yet not link this material to the verbal content. Some reuse the same pictures on different pages, etc.
4. Assume that you are a) a potential employee, b) a potential customer and c) a potential supplier or subcontractor. What perceptions might you have about this organizations commitment to diversity based solely on the Web site? Looking at this Web site, do you think that it encourages or discourages diverse employees to apply for jobs in this organization? Why or why not?
5.What internal management issues can affect the prominence that diversity gets or doesnt get on an organizations Web site?
6.Are there any diversity awards listed on the Web site? If so, review the criteria and selection process as presented in the Allard article on awards (from the textbook) or if the award is not mentioned in that article. Evaluate the value of the award through the sponsoring organizations Web site.
7. If you were a (female, over 55, racial minority, person with a physical challenge, gay or lesbian, etc.) job applicant and you have read an ad for job opening for which you are fully qualified. Based on your audit of the company web site what perceptions might you have of this company before you even walk in the door? Would you still apply for the job? Why or why not?
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order